{July 16}
Friday morning we got up, got ready, and headed to Vegas.
Mom, Dad, Gretch, Dave, Mitch, Robyn, Dev, and I were all in the car.
Ty stayed at home with Anjuli and Mary. (my best friend and her little sis)
He loves them, so I wasn't worried at all.
On the way down we got stuck in a traffic jam.
The temperature got up to 122* during this time!
We drove straight into Caesar's.
Walked right back to Cheesecake Factory.
I ate my favorite meal...Miso Salmon.
Topped off with one of my new favorite cheesecakes...Chocolate coconut.
{My cute Mom and Dad}
After we were stuffed we headed over to the Wynn.
This is where we needed to pick up our tickets.
Below is what happens when you ask an old lady to take a picture with your SLR camera. ha
{So here's a good one of Mitch and Robyn}
We walked around trying to find the ticket counter.
When we got to the counter we had to show ID.
Each ticket had our name on it.
Garth didn't want anyone allowed to resale his tickets.
They also gave us a wristband,
and stamped our hand with an invisible/black light stamp.
We had to show all three when it was time to enter the show.
{I didn't get one of Gretch and Dave because I was taking it with their camera and forgot to get one with mine...stupid I know}
I called Anj to see how Ty was doing...
crying...needy...won't take a nap...must be sick..."I don't know what to do"
I felt SO bad.
He's never like this...
It was either sleep deprivation from the run the night before, or he was hurting somewhere.
She was so good and just rocked him and fell asleep with him and loved him.
She never wants to have kids now...thanks to me. ha
But she still loves Ty she said. :)
I just kept worrying about him, but I still had fun.
We then walked around the Wynn and found a little gelato stop.
We had to get some coconut and mango gelato.
We were on vacation right?
Then we walked across to the Fashion Show Mall.
Love this mall.
We just browsed through a few stores and back over to the show.
We were in!
This is what the stage looked like...
When we bought the tickets they only allow you to buy 4 at a time.
Mom, Dad, Mitch and Robyn got through first, so they sat together.
We were just about 8-10 rows behind them with Gretchen and Dave.
We weren't allowed to take pictures during the concert.
The little devil Gretchen managed to get a few though.
I will have to post them when I get them from her.
Garth was AMAZING....to say the least.
He came out in work boots, carhartt jeans, a plain black hoody, and an old baseball hat.
He was so funny and started with music the year he was born(1962), then went through the years until now and how he got his music.
It was just him and his guitar...no band...no special backdrop.
Better than any big concert I've been to.
When he started to sing the first time I got chills.
His voice was better than his CD's.
I liked the acoustic version better.
I never knew I would love Garth so much...
Thanks SO SO SO much Mom and Dad for the birthday present.
It was the best present!
(more about Ty and his feeling bad in the next post)


6 comments:
It is like a dream!!!!!! I can't believe we really saw Garth!!!! What a fun day! I think we should do it again!!!! Loved IT!!!!!!
How fun to get away with your family! Loved all of the pics. Sorry about Ty...I know it's so hard to leave your little one, but so good for you to take a break and enjoy some adult time!
How fun to go see him in person! So sorry about little Ty ... that's always how it is when you actually go and do something!
what a cute post lex. and funny thing is my dad and i were just talkin about garth and my dad was saying it is a shame he has stopped performing...well little did we know! haha how fun
definitely such a fun day. hahah. jk, it really was. i can't wait to tell ty all about it when he gets older :)
SO FUN!!! THE BEST CONCERT!! I love that you got a picture of your wristband, and ticket!! I was so mad we didn't get one with all of our wrists together...I should have at least got one of my own hand like you did!! Good thinking sis!!
...and the thunder rolls....
Post a Comment