Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sick

My baby got sick...
It started on Sunday.
He was screaming at church, so I just came home with him.
The rest of our day consisted of holding him and him being mad.


He started to feel warm on Sunday...and it slowly got worse.
I worked Monday and my mom watched him.
She called and said he was on fire.
She tried to call the Dr., but he was out of the office until Wednesday.
I asked the Dr. I work for if he could call in an antibiotic for Ty.
We started him on Amoxicillan that night.
Wednesday I started to notice a few little red dots.
Thursday the red dots were all over him.
It was the worst on his stomach and back, but covered his whole body.
He was swollen all over too.
His eyes and face were all puffed up.
Allergic to Penicillin just like his uncle Mitch...Great.

{These pictures were taken the day it started getting better...I forgot to take them when it was really bad, but you can still kinda see the rash.}




The last time he took the Amox. was on Wednesday.
His Dr. was in and told me to stop the Amox and he would call in something new.
The pharmacy didn't have it in, so they ordered it for the next day.
He started taking the Cefprozil on Friday.
His rash was just getting all cleared up from the Amox now.
Saturday he was looking back to normal and helping us outside.


Monday morning I noticed a few little red dots on his legs.
He hadn't had his Cefprozil since Sunday night and still a had a few days worth left.
I didn't give him any more and noticed that he started to get more and more bumps as the day went on.
I called the Dr. and they said to discontinue all meds and call them if it wasn't improving the next day.
Tuesday it was definitely worse....
but it was different than the Amox. rash.
It wasn't on his stomach or back, just the arms, legs, cheeks, and one ear.
It was bigger spots and they were more raised.
It looked SO itchy, but he didn't seem to be itching at it so I was happy.

{rosy, rashy cheeks}
{Arms}
{Legs...It went all the way onto his bum}
{But he was still happy and wanted to play in the toilet...have to keep them closed now. :)}

We went in to see the Dr. today because it wasn't improving after being on Benadryl consistently.
He prescribed a steroid that Ty will take for about a week.
It should get everything cleared up.

I guess we're going to have to stay away from antibiotics around here.
The good part is, his body will learn to fight things off.
I hope this is the last of his reactions.
We can see the allergy specialist after he's had his new insurance for a year.
That will be nice to find out what I need to stay away from. 

9 comments:

Taisha Anne said...

Lexie! Your poor little boy!! I had a rash that seriously looked just like those last pictures on my arms back and stomach for over a week, I finally went to the doctor and they told me to go in the sun. After one day in the sun it went away way crazy.. I hope it doesn't happent to cute little Ty agian!

Kassi said...

Poor little man! I feel bad for him and hope he gets better super fast!
All you pictures look like you are having so much fun. Love seeing what your all up too.

Marcie said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is such a horrible rash. It makes me so sad when little ones get sick, they are so helpless. Thats so scary to have allergies! Gol we have both had little scares lately with these little boys. I just know they would be such good friends, we defintely need to do a playdate!!

Heidi said...

Poor baby! I'm so sorry for you guys. I hope he gets all cleared up soon. That's so scary. I love little Ty so much!

RaCHeL said...

How sad! Poor little man. It's so hard to see your baby go through things like that. I'm glad he was able to stay happy though.

The Redds said...

Oh Lex I'm so sorry you have to go through that, I can't imagine! I hope he gets better quick, that's so scary.

Skyler and Bailey said...

That looks so Miserable, poor little guy!

Whitney Shurtz said...

Glad little Ty is ok! Poor guy! Aren't kids the best examples though.....their sick and they still have a smile on their face. Hope all is well...sure miss ya.

Gretchen said...

Oh my poor baby!! Those pictures look terrible!! I love that he is grinning so big in all of them, even though he doesn't feel good! I love the picture of him in the bath! So cute!