This little boy is growing up too fast. It's so much fun...but makes me sad at the same time. Each stage has been more and more fun so far. I know I've said this a thousand times, but he is the happiest, loving, fun baby. I'm trying to just enjoy every second I have with him.
These past couple months have been a little crazy. He has starting throwing up...not just spitting up. He coughs all the time and it started to turn into a gag and then a big throw up(like as much as I would throw up sometimes). It would happen once or twice a week and gradually got worse. He got to the point of throwing up once or twice a day. There have been a couple that were really scary and he stops breathing because he's dry heaving so hard. I didn't know what was wrong and we were in the middle of getting insurance, so I didn't want there to be something wrong and then not be able to get insurance(I know I"m stupid). He had a couple bad ones last Sunday, May. 30 that scared me. I weighed him on Monday and he hadn't gained any weight since his 6 month appointment. I called Tuesday morning and my mom took him to the Dr. on Wednesday for me because Devan and I were both working. The Dr. thinks it's just a severe case of reflux. He put him on a medicine and wants to see him back in 2 weeks to check his weight.
Good news...he hasn't thrown up since May 30! We're just going to keep giving him this gross medicine as long as it takes. I hope he'll grow out of it quickly, but I can already tell he's starting to put some weight back on. I'm so happy to see him getting some chub again!
Here are his stats from his appointment:
Weight: 18.5lbs - 22%
Height: 26 in - 47%
Head: (I don't remember the measurement) - 77%
(His head has gone from 6% to 77% in the last few months. ha)
Here are a few pictures from the last few days
{He thinks he's pretty cool when he lifts up a leg while he's sitting. It's always the left}
{This is what I walked into after his nap yesterday}
{He was so excited to see mommy...I love when he wakes up happy!}
Here are some things about Ty:
-We've gone back to feeding him just oatmeal and a few foods(trying to control his throwing up).
-He loves oatmeal so it's good.
-He hates anything to do with green vegetables and just screams if I even try the mixed veggies now.
-His first tooth was popped through the other day and now it's gone back down...it's playing tricks.
-He's saying "mama" but he doesn't say it for me, he just copies me when I say it to him.
-He loves kids...all of them.
-He LOVES popsicles. He bites off big chunks with his little gums.
-We're so glad we found something he can eat while we have ice cream. :(
-He loves to swim and splash
-LOVES to be outside...even in the oven we have out there lately.
-He thinks it's so funny to scare people or play peek-a-boo.
-He still wakes up for a binky usually at least once a night...any suggestions??
-He goes down for bed at 8-8:30 and sleeps until 8-8:30(minus the binky wake ups).
-He loves to ride in Sadie's front facing car seat...but isn't quite big enough for his own yet.
-He just learned last week how to sit himself up from laying down.
-He has crawled just a few crawls, but gets frustrated and falls...he'll be cruising around any day.
-I'm not sure if I'm ready for him to be cruising around yet.
Ty, Mommy loves you SO SO much! Thanks for being the best little man I could ask for. You make my life so much fun. Please just start sleeping better so I don't have to worry about taking you to cheer camp with me. I will love you forever if you will. :)
Love, Mommy
4 comments:
ahh...so scary about the throwing up. i would be a nervous wreck. glad things are getting better.
he is such a perfect mix between the two of you guys. one picture i'll look and see all you - then the next he's all devan. i guess you and devan kind of look a like. ha
I'm sorry he has such bad reflux. How scary to see your little baby throwing up like that. I'm glad the medicine is working though. Isn't it the best when you walk in & see them peeking over the crib?! Too cute!
Oh Im so glad that the medicine is working for him. Its so stressful when something isnt right. Taylor would wake up for his binky like that for a long time but then end up finding it. Its been just the past couple months that he doesnt wake at all (or I dont hear him:). I bet he will grow out of that too. Just try to not go give it to him for him and let him find it on his own and put himself back to sleep. Thats what we did.
Oh little man! You are just the must darling thing! I love that big smile and wish I could see it everyday. (in person not just photos). Isn't it crazy how fast the time as gone by. Man we just had these babies yesterday! and now they have teeth, the Malia is CRAWLING, sitting up eating people food, what happened to our little tiny babies?! Don't let him grow up to fast with out us! We will be home in less than 3 weeks and hopefully home for 6 weeks. I can't wait to get Malia and Ty together again! Love you!
Post a Comment