{Nov. 4}
Ty had to have his 2nd EGD scope done to monitor his esophagus.
This time was a little different...
He had to have a colonoscopy with it.
The Dr. thought he had a polyp.
Background story(Graphic for my journaling purposes):
Ty had been doing so good at going poop on the "big boy potty".
We bought him a little potty and he was SO excited to use it.
He got on and went great. Then wanted to go again right after.
To my surprise he had more.
I sat him up on the big potty to wipe him and noticed there was still some hanging.
I told him, "push a little more bud there's still some there."
It wasn't coming so I tried to pinch and pull as I wiped.
IT WAS ATTACHED.
Blood was all over, and I realized it was his whole bum hole flipped inside out!
I screamed for Devan to come in.
Ty hadn't cried at all, until I pulled on it obviously.
Devan just sat and pushed on it until it popped back in.
It was a "rectal prolapse".
The reason I tell this story is it made me realize something...
Ty had blood in his poop ALL of the time.
I always just thought it was something red he ate, but this made me realize that his bloody bum looked exactly like his dirty diapers.
We got him right in to the Doctor and he didn't know why he had the prolapse, but was sure the common blood was due to a polyp in his colon.
The day before the procedure was the worst day I've had with my little boy so far.
He had to fast all day... no solids...just juice and jello(with no red dyes).
He was STARVING.
He just kept saying, "I'm hungry Mommy." and I had to say, "Do you want juice or jello?"
He was so sweet and understood but I hated it.
I heard him in the pantry getting into something.
I walked in to see him hurry and put a handful of Captain Crunch in his mouth(his favorite).
I said, "No bud! We can't eat that today."
He rushed over to me and spit it out into my hand and said, "Okay Mommy, I'll have Jello."
I bawled and bawled.
It was so hard to see my baby so hungry.
It made me realize how hard it would be if I really couldn't feed my kids and what people go through that are homeless or can't afford it, and how blessed we are.
We got Ty out of bed and headed to the hospital first thing in the morning.
He was so cute and kept saying, "It's my turn at Doctor Mommy."
They gave him the Versed and he slowly started to get drugged/drunk/funny.
Then they wheeled him out.
We waited patiently in the waiting room trying to play games on our phones to pass the time.
The Dr. came out and gave us the verdict.
-He though the esophagus looked better, but not all the way normal...we'd have to wait for results.
-There was definitely a polyp...3 centimeters big! It was 9 inches up and the biggest one he'd ever seen in a kid. He showed it to us and I was in shock! It looked like a mini brain. He said the adult doctor's said it's one of the biggest they had seen in an adult before. We were SO happy to get that out.
-He told us Ty was in recovery and had a respiratory spasm(stopped breathing for a minute) when coming out of the anesthesia and it might be a minute before they come to get us.
Devan had to leave to school, so I was able to get him in the recovery room.
We had to stay for an extra hour so they could monitor his oxygen because of the respiratory spasm.
He was so sweet and just let me rock him.
The results came back a week later from the biopsies:
-esophagus looked the same...this frustrated me because we've changed so much in his diet to try and get it better.
tx: Back on the steroid.
-His polyp was benign and we don't have to worry about it anymore. YAY!


3 comments:
Poor little guy. He is so dang cute. Such a big boy sitting there.
Ah! My little guy is sooo sweet! This post made me get all choked up! I wanna kiss those big red lips! Mmmmm I love him so much!
Wow Lexie, this made me cry just reading it! What a strong woman you are, and what a strong boy Ty is! I hope everything works out for ALL of you!!
Post a Comment