Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

01. He LOVES animals.
02. We hung up his sports pictures in his room and he loves them....just points and says, "yeah yeah"
03. He's starting to be SO good at entertaining himself. He just plays all day.
04. He found a new love for Welch's fruit snacks. He brings us packs multiple times a day...I have to tell him no and he gets so mad at me.
05. He's starting to not eat as good as he used to.
06. This might be TMI, but he has the STINKIEST poops, and usually goes about 4 times a day. I seriously feel bad for the babysitter, because it's bad enough for me to change it. 
07. He went to nursery for the first time on Sunday and this is what happened: I dropped him off and they wanted me to stay for a while. I made it very clear that he has food allergies and I left his own snacks for him to eat. He didn't even care that I was there so I decided to leave. After Sunday School I went to check on him. I just peeked through the window in the door and he was doing great. We had a combined class for Young women/young men/priesthood/relief society so Dev and I were together. 10 minutes were left of church and it felt so nice to be able to listen to the lessons, when one of the nursery leaders comes to me and says, "We're having a little problem with Ty, he's coughing really bad." I instantly know he's having an allergy and hurry out of the class. When I walk into the nursery the other leader is holding him over the garbage can, he's bawling, and there's throw up everywhere. They said, "he was just eating his cracker and started coughing. We had him all by himself." I thought maybe he did just choke, because sometimes he does that, then I noticed the hives around his mouth. I said, "he must have gotten some of the other kids." They still tried to say he didn't, but I'm not stupid. The other kids were eating cheese and crackers. One of them could have had cheese on their hand, touched a toy, which Ty touched and put his finger in his mouth. It's that simple. I just wish the kids would just eat crackers with no cheese. Maybe they'll change things, but until that happens, I don't know if I dare take him back. Poor baby...I felt SO bad! When we got home from church his whole face was red and had hives all over it. I gave him some benadryl and put him down for a nap, then he felt better.

1 comment:

Ashley C said...

Have the doctors scoped him yet? My daughter was the same way until I told my Doctor to scope. She has this disease called Eosinophilic Esophagitis, its allergy's, they choke really easy, and I think it makes there "dirty" diapers stink awful! The only way to detect it is by doing a scope. Good luck I hope he out grows whatever he has.