Sunday, January 25, 2009

I was just starting to think that this getting pregnant thing was going to take forever. It was the first month I was sure I wasn't pregnant, but I've never been a day late in my life and just happened to be this time. I took the dollar store test, and sure enough it was positive. I texted Devan the picture and then called him, and we were both in shock! I still wasn't completely convinced, so I went to the doctor after lunch to get a test there. As they called my name to come back, I hear someone say, "Lexie?" I look up and it's Gretchen. She was there for Sadie's one year appointment and there was no way of making up something on the spot. What are the chances of being there at the same time? I go back, take the test, and they send me back to the waiting room to wait for the response. Obviously she knows I'm there for a pregnancy test now and I couldn't stop laughing. We were the only ones in the waiting room and the girl came to say it was positive. So I guess we aren't keeping anything quiet, so I'm just 5 weeks now. We're so excited to be blessed to have the opportunity to be parents sometime in September! Now we'll just pray everything goes well and I don't get too sick to finish school. :)

38 comments:

Nancy said...

I guess it's OUT now!!! Yay! Im so excited!! I hope you don't get sick...we'll all cross our fingers! Love you!

The Gates said...

That's so exciting! Being a mom is the best. Congrats and I'll cross my fingers for you that you don't get sick as well.

The Redds said...

YAHOO!!! THAT TOTALLY JUST MADE MY DAY...I am so so thrilled for you guys!!! Ours won't be very far apart either :) Congrats

Natalie said...

Congrats Lex! You are going to be the cutest pregnant girl! That is cute how Gretchan was there...no better person to spot you out!
Natalie J.

BJ and Amber said...

AHHH! I'm so excited! Devan just told me this morning and told me to check out your blog. I can't believe it.

Meghan Ence said...

Congrats Lexie. How exciting! Good luck with everything. Congrats!

Jer & Mick said...

YAY! Thats so exciting! hope you don't get sick...it sucks :) Good luck with everything!

Mels said...

I can't believe that Gretchen was at the Dr. the same time. What a cool story! We are so happy for you guys!

Melanie said...

Congrats Lex and Dev! I love you guys and hope everything goes well. You'll get to use that cute little polo outfit...if it's a boy. LOVES!

Kristen Westbrook said...

Congrats on the awesome news! I hope you don't get sick either it is no fun!!!

Heidi said...

Oh I am so happy for you and Dev. How fun to be pregnant together! Love you tons.

---- said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! How funny that Gretchen just happened to be there at the doctors! We are so excited for you!

Sean & Lacey said...

How fun, you'll be such a cute mom! Have you been sick so far?

Whitnee said...

Lexie this is awesome!! I hope everything goes well, too. It really is amazing and all worth is in the end!!

erica said...

such exciting news!!! haha, still laughing thay gretchen was there...so random. cant wait to see the pregnancy updates. i bet nance is thrilled!!! hopoe you dont get sick...its no fun.

Ence said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting. You guys will be great parents! Hope that the rest of the school year will be easy for you!

Melissa said...

I knew you were prego cause Aub told me. I just didn't know when I could say anything. CONGRATES!! It's so weird when your belly just pops out one day. It's great. I'll be 4 months next week which is CRAZY! It flies by Lex. I'm so excited for you two.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the both of you!! You will be darling parents!!!
Good luck with everything!

Erin said...

Such fun news Lexie! I'm so excited for you. You'll LOVE being a mom. There's nothing like it!
p.s. Love the prego jar. :)

kate + parker said...

AHH!!! LU! I can't beleive it! I'm really shocked. I was just checking my morning blogs and here comes lexie, prego. haha I am so happy for you girl! I can't wait to see your belly when you start showing!

Kassi said...

Congrats! How fun! I love that there are so many babies around! Or going to be around. I am excited our little guy will have couins close to his age! SO FUN! CONGRATS again!

Phoebe said...

woo hoo! how exciting! congrats to you guys...love the dr. story! good luck hope you keep feeling good!

Gretchen said...

YEA!!!! YEA!!! YEA!!! I am SOOOOOO excited!! I can't wait to hold that little baby and kiss it and love it!! I just can't believe we have to wait clear until SEPTEMBER!!! I want it to come faster!! I am tooo excited!! LOVE YA!!

Unknown said...

WHATTTTTTTTTTT holy crap I am sOOOOO excited for you! Lexie you are going to have a baby! YAY!!! I love you and hope all is well

Jaime Miller said...

CONGRATS!! That is so awesome, you will be a great mommy!

The Smith's said...

Hey Lexie this is Nicole Gubler Smith I saw your blog and just wanted to say congratulations I am so excited for you. Are you still in St. George?

Casey Williams said...

Congrats!!! That is super exciting!

tracy layne said...

Congrats Lex! What a cute mamma you will be!

Lainee said...

I am so excited for you both!! You'll be great parents! Congrats.

Skye said...

crazy! i am so ecitied for you!! you guys with be fab parents and you will be so cute prego!!

Nat B. said...

I worked with you today, and didn't even know or I would have told you congrats!! You are doing exactly what I did. I was prego when I graduated and took boards. Tanner was born in October. I am sure you will be just fine. Just take little snacks with you wherever you go. Good luck!

Treo Sanders said...

WHAT THE........... I am soooooo excited for you lexie.. I hope pregnancy treats you well. It definitely wasnt the greatest for me but hopefully you'll be lucky and enjoy it. I can't wait to see the little thing. You'll make the cutest baby ever and you'll LOVE being a momma. CONGRATS.. Love you bunches.

The Ashtons said...

I didn't hear the whole story about Gretch being there at Dr. Thompsons! What are the odds? I'm so happy for you and Devan!

Blake and Aubree said...

SEXY LEXIE AHHH the words out!!! i still can't believe it!! it's just crazy that we are old enough to have kids!!! i am so excited for you and dev!! you are going to be such a great mom and so darling pregnant!! maybe if you have a boy and i have a girl a few yrs from now they can date ahhh!! haha anyway i love you and think the world of you! can't wait to be AUNT AUBREE!!

Denise said...

Congrats! We are excited for you two! What fun! Now our Palo will have a friend!

linzi said...

Congratulations Lexie!!! I am so happy for you!

matt and alex said...

Hey Lexie. I found your blog off of Whit's. And congrats! That is exciting!

missy said...

Congratulations Lexie! That is so exciting. You'll be a great mother. Just wait, our moms are going to be going CRAZY with shopping for you and Courtney...I guess I'll join in on the fun and excitement!