Tuesday, June 3, 2008

OnE YeAr!!


I can't believe it's already been a year since we got married! We had such a fun first anniversary. We went down to Vegas on Sunday and while we were driving Devan said, "open up my wallet and there's a paper folded up in there I need." I opened the paper up and it was a Mamma Mia picture. He got us front row tickets to Mamma Mia for Sunday night. I was so excited! We got to Vegas and just walked around the strip for a while, went to Cheesecake factory(my fav), and to Mamma Mia. The show was SO good! I loved it. I always wondered what it was like for the people sitting on the front row...it was awesome! It was really fun to be able to see into the orchestra pit and watch them play too. It was very entertaining and Devan even really liked it. Monday we just hung out, went to the lion den at MGM, and shopped a little and came home to eat the year old cake. I thought it was going to taste freezer burned and nasty, but to my surprise it tasted way good! If any of you have been to 25 main, my cake is the banana flavor cupcake. We ate a whole piece. I'm so lucky that I am married to Devan. He is seriously the best husband and I don't know what I'd do without him. This year has been the best year and gone by so fast! I can't wait for the rest of them.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a perfect first year anniversary!!! Mama Mia is the best! When I saw it I was on the front row as well, now that I think of it! I love the cake tradition...too fun!

Jer & Mick said...

Congrats!! The first anniversary i think is the best! But don't take it for granted! Now that we are pregnant, not that i'm not soooo excited, i just am now realizing how much fun we had being newlyweds!

kate + parker said...

congragulations lu! i can't beleive that it has been one year. i feel like i was just at your reception enjoying the atmosphere and playing around. you had the best wedding! you guys make a really great couple!

Erin said...

Fun way to spend your anniversary -you two are a darling couple!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We love you guys so much and miss you even more! I hope you guys has a blast in Vegas!!! I wish we could have done something fun like that... We just were moving across country... andyways I hear the shows in Vegas are Fabulous!!! Love you sooo much!!! hugs and kisses!!!

Skye said...

I am glad guys had a good time! Life together only gets better if you can imagine that!! Where did you stay? Your room looked way nice.

Kyler and Hillary said...

Seriously..I second all the comments! What a fun anniversary!!! when i saw that it was your anniversary I just couldn't believe it cause it seems like we got married somewhat close together..so that means ours is coming up soon too (well sort of) :) and yes where did you stay that is such a nice room!

Heidi said...

Congrats on 1 year! It goes by so fast, huh? That is so cool that Devan got you guys Mamma Mia tickets. Didn't you just LOVE it? I thought it was so good. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!! Congrats on your first year! It goes by so fast. Our two year is next week and I swear we got married like a month ago! You guys are so cute. oh, p.s. My address is 1588 Chateau Circle St. George 84770.

The Starks said...

How fun!! Congrats on the first year! Crazy how fast it went. You both are so cute together! I will be coming home to visit, I am sure I will see you guys!

Aubrey & Garrett Frei said...

Congrats on one year! Looks like you had a good time. It just gets better and better as time goes on!