Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Welcome Little One

{Sept. 5}
We had a crazy crazy week/weekend. Wednesday I thought I was in labor. I was having steady, hard contractions so we finally decided to go into the hospital at about 9:00pm. I was dilated to a 2 when we got there, had steady contractions for the full hour and wanted to cry because they were hurting so bad. She checked me an hour later and I hadn't progressed so they sent me home. I woke up Thursday as if nothing had ever happened. I had maybe 2 contractions all day.
I went to the Dr. on Friday and was dilated to a 3. Devan had a ticket to the BYU game in Texas and had told them he probably wouldn't be able to make it, so I asked Dr. Thompson, "What do you think about sending Devan to the game?" He said he thought it would be fine, so I told him to go. He left to the game on his bosses jet that morning with my dad, while my mom and I enjoyed the day in town at Tai Pan and Costco. We joked to Devan that we were going to the hospital. But once again...no contractions. Me, my mom, and Gretchen were watching the game and at half time we decided to go get some dinner. We were on our way to Panda Express when Devan called to see how I was feeling. I told him everything was great and call me when it's over.
We got to Panda Express and there was a big line. While we were waiting all of a sudden it felt like a water balloon popped inside me. My pants were soaked and there was a little 2-3 in puddle of water on the ground. I turned to my mom and said, "Oh my gosh...my water just broke." We just started to laugh and walked out. We didn't even look at anyone around us.
I started calling Devan, but the 3rd quarter had started and he couldn't hear his phone. I called over and over and finally sent a text that said, "my water just broke. I'm serious."
He called a minute later and said are you really serious or just kidding? I told him we were on the way to the hospital, but not to worry because it would be a while and he would make it home just fine. I wasn't worried, but I felt bad for him because I knew how bad he felt.
I was just a 3 when we got to the hospital at about 7:45. They weren't going to start Pitocin or anything and just let me go because they knew Devan was gone. Dr. Thompson came to check on me and broke another water bag. As soon as he broke it, the hard contractions kicked in. The epidural came shortly after that. Thank heaven for epidurals! I would have died without it I think. I was dilated to a 4 at about 10:25. We predicted the boys to be back at about 12, so the nurse said she'd be back to check me in 2 hours(12:30). The boys walked in almost right at 12 and I was SO happy to see Dev. I told Gretch to go get the nurse to check me because I was feeling a lot more pressure. The nurse came in and said, "You're complete." She called the Dr. and started getting things ready. Dr. showed up about 15 minutes later, a few pushes, and he was born at 12:33. It was really quick and we were so happy Devan made it home! He said he felt like he was going to puke the whole flight home because he thought he might miss it. They said if I wouldn't have had the epidural I would have for sure had him before Devan got home. Dr. Thompson said he's never going to try and predict anything on me again. He was shocked at how quick everything went.
He weighed in at 5lbs 14 oz and 19.5 in long. He's just a little tiny boy, and we love him so much. I could just sit and look at him all day and kiss him and smell him. I feel like I haven't done anything, but I'm so busy with him. We are so lucky to have such a healthy perfect little boy in our home now!

{Headed to the hospital without Dev...watching the game in the delivery room hoping BYU wins and Dev makes it back in time}

{Getting ready for the little man and Devan to come}
{right when Devan and Dad made it}
{last picture of my huge belly with the monitors hooked up}

{first sight of our little man}


{Some of his first visitors}

{Going Home}

Dr. Thompson...we just love him.
{Home Sweet Home}

We think he might be a thumb sucker like his mommy was. He seems to find it really easy.

We just can't get enough of this little boy



{First Bath)
He wasn't very happy about being wet and cold. He screamed and screamed until it was all over and he was back in his warm clothes.



18 comments:

erica said...

oh lexie congrats! he looks just like you.

and look how darling you look on your way to the hospital! how were your pants not sopping wet? when my water broke i never stopped leaking. my pants were drenched by the time we got to the hospital.

Megan Gubler said...

What a great story! He is such a cute little dude. I am glad everything went well and your hubby was able to make it in time. You look like a natural in the pictures

Parker or Jessica said...

He is so adorable. I'm so glad your hubby made it back from TX and you had such a wonderful delivery. Love you, so excited for all the new, fun experiences you will have as a new mommy!!

cassidy said...

Oh Lexie!! congratulations! I can't believe Devan almost missed it! You are so brave! He is just darling!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I am so glad you posted more photos for us out here in iowa. we want to come see you guys so so so bad! I can't wait to meet that little Ty! Looking at your pictures makes me want my little baby to be here right now!!! Good luck, we know you guys are going to be the best parents! Love you guys! He is absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

You looked super gorgeous the whole time! I am so impressed you have already blogged! You are going to be such an amazing mom. The kind that always looks fantastic, teaches their child to read by 5 months and blogs about it all. ;) Congrats Lexi and Devan!

Skye said...

Wow you look great just like nothing ever happened! I am so excited for you and can't wait to meet the little guy! i am sorry i have been out of town this whole time:( but see you soon!

Kinsly said...

Congrats again Lexi and Devan! I think he looks just like you Lexi, but what do I know. My little Ashley weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces and was 19.5 in. long. Crazy! The exact same size. I loved having a little one, but I'm getting excited for all the little fat rolls she's getting. He is adorable and I'm glad that both mommy and baby are doing so well.

Heidi said...

Congratulations on your baby Lexie, he's such a cutie! I'm glad I found your blog to see your cute little family. Enjoy this time while he's tiny, it doesn't last very long.

Meghan Ence said...

Congrats Lexie. He is so cute! What a delivery story. You look great in all your pictures. You guys are such a cute little family.

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hansens said...

OH MY HECK!! Lexie he is absolutely adorable! he looks just like you! Oh how precious. Isn't being a mother so great? Congrats Im so glad Devan made it back in time. That is a crazy story!

Kelsey said...

I have been looking on your blog almost everyday waiting to see if you had had your baby yet! I am so excited for you and Devan. You look gorgeous in all of your pictures and I am so glad that Devan made it back in time! Enjoy every moment right now, they grow up so fast! Congrats!

Frei Family said...

He is adorable! What a fun story you will have to tell him. We can't wait to see him.

linzi said...

He's adorable Lexie!! I'm so happy for you! Megan is right - you seriously look so relaxed and like you enjoyed the whole process. I admire that. I'm a little nervous!! Good luck with everything!!!!

Skyler and Bailey said...

What a Crazy but fun story to Remember. He is so cute, and such a little doll. I LOVE Dr. Thompson, he is so great! I hope all is going well, Congratulations, he is so adorable.

The Smith's said...

Congratulations. He is just adorable! We wish you the best of luck.

Whitney Shurtz said...

Lex, he is precious! I am so glad all went well and Ty is doin good! He's a good looking young man!