
I gave my first injections today! I went to school today thinking the only thing I would be injecting was a grape. So we had class this morning and we started injecting grapes (it's supposed to feel pretty similar to the tissue in the mouth). My teacher then starts to talk about when we inject each other in the afternoon. My heart dropped. I wasn't mentally prepared to give or receive an injection from my classmates today! I started to feel like I was having heart palps. ha We got into clinic and I got to observe first. That made me feel a little better, then it was my turn to give the injection. AAAAH! I was all calm at first and slowly started to get the shakes. As my hand was shaking I began to get more nervous. I just went for it and it was over so fast! ha After all of that stressing it really wasn't that bad and ended up being kinda fun. My pulse was taken after and it had gone up to 89! Skye injected me and did a great job! I'm so glad we all get to learn together. I never thought the day would come when I'd be giving injections. It's so exciting!
7 comments:
Um..I would be freaking out! So way to go! You've been in the program a year now right? Yahoo! Do you get any kind of summer vacation or anything?
Good for you! That would have scared me too. Loved hearing you say "heart palps"...reminded me of my mom. She is always having "heart palps" over something! :)
p.s. LOVE the new blog makeover!
We did it! thanks for letting me do my first injection on you! Now we can do anything!... hopefully the shakes will go away soon for us!
CUTE BLOG MAKEOVER!!! I would have had heart palps, too! I'm so proud of you, my little lu!! (hey, that rhymed!)
Good job Lexi! I would let you give me a shot anyday of the week! :) Thanks so much for the recipe. I think I'll make it for my mom on Mother's day since she loved it so much! Thanks again for everything.
SCARY!! I probably would have been more scared of someone else giving an injection on me for the first time though!
Post a Comment