Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Disneyland!

{October 14}

Jarom and Kristine just moved to California, just 10 minutes from Disneyland, so we decided to take advantage of staying with them over Devan's fall break.
We left on Wednesday after I got done with work.
It was about 9 as we got to Barstow and stopped to get gas.
There was this CRAZY guy filling up next to us that was talking to Ty as we walked into the gas station.
While we were waiting in line(behind the crazy man..he was buying LOTS of lottery tickets), another truck driver came up to Devan with a bag and said, "I have something for you."
Devan, being cautious, said, "What is it?"
The guy handed him the bag and he looked in to find 2 little hot wheels cars.
The trucker said, "I got them for your little guy because he smiled at me and I miss my grandkids."
It was SO nice, we just aren't used to anything like that in Utah! ha
So we pay for our things and start walking back to the car.
The crazy man is in front of us and says, "Don't go anywhere, I have something for you."
He gets in his back seat, full of stuff, and pulls out this BIG car(probably $15-$20) and gives it to Ty as he says something like, "May the Lord God bless this child for his whole life...." ha it was the craziest gas stop we've ever had and Ty made out great. haha

We decided to go to Disneyland on Thursday. 
I knew it would be really fun, or really bad, and I hoped for the first.
We went straight for Small World because I knew Ty would love that and we could slowly warm him up.
He wasn't to keen on waiting in line for the rides. He didn't get it.
He wanted to just get on the ride.
The first few rides were tough for that reason.
He LOVED small world when we got in there.








Then we headed right over to Toon Town.
Mickey was out so we got right in line!
Right is we got in line the cute Mickey left and there was a new one meeting in the Theater room.
We walked through Mickey's house and had to wait for a little while until we saw Mickey.
He had been so excited to meet Mickey...until the time actually came.
He was terrified! ha
He still says, "Mickey so scawy...(then he thinks for a minute) Mickey so nice."
He's still convincing himself that Mickey really is nice.










After Toon Town we headed for the Buzz Lightyear ride.
Ty fell asleep on the walk over.
Of course we had to wake him up when we got there and saw Buzz.
He LOVED the Buzz ride and watching Daddy shoot.







Jarom had to go into school for a while, so we headed to get some lunch and decided to go to California Adventure for a little while.
We went to A Bug's Life and rode the smell ride.
Ty was too small for the bumper cars and other things.
On our way to Toy Story we stopped to see Queen and Mater.
It may have been the highlight of the day for these boys.
They both LOVE "Cars".
We got to go on the new Little Mermaid ride and Ty loved it! 
He's still talking about it and was mesmerized by Ariel.
Ty fell asleep again in the Toy Story ride, which worked out great because we waited for 45 minutes.
He woke up just in time at the end to go on the ride. 
He still says, "Toy Story ride so fun!" ha















Right as we got off the ride we saw Woody!
He was just finishing up, so they wouldn't let us take a picture with him.
He came to give the kids high five as he walked off and Ty wanted nothing to do with it.
LOVES the characters from afar, but not close and personal. ha
Buzz was coming out in a few short minutes so we jumped close to the front of the line.
We prepped him while we waited telling him, "Buzz is so nice. Buzz wants you to give him five."
He reassured himself the whole time too saying, "I give Buzz five, he's SO nice." ha
He said it over and over until it was almost our turn to meet Buzz and he started saying, "I need to go." ha
He didn't scream is we got to Buzz(progress), but wouldn't give him five.
As we were done with the picture he said, "See ya Buzz."
The rest of the day and still he says, "I see Woody. I see Buzz. Woody's nice. Buzz is nice." ha










We headed back to Disneyland.
As we walked in we saw Pluto, but the line was SO long and we didn't have time to wait.
Ty liked him better from a distance anyway :)
"Look it's Tuto!"
We went to the Peter Pan ride which ended up being his favorite.
We rode the carousel and Dumbo(no pictures because I was on the ride with him).
Then we went to Finding Nemo and Winnie the Pooh.
He loved all of them! 
By the end of the day he understood we just had to wait our turn.
He stood in line so good with us and just had fun.
I loved watching him enjoy each ride.







We saw the end of the Parade(oops we forgot what time it was).
Then we watched Mickey's Fantasia Water Show, which was really cool.
By the end it had been over 12 hours and we had completely worn out the boys and ourselves.
I'm SO glad Ty had fun!
I loved doing the kid thing at Disneyland. It was a whole new experience for me.
Ty still asks all the time to go back to Disneyland.


5 comments:

Erin said...

Cute pictures of your little guy Lexie! He is so darling. And you are so brave! Taking a little one his age to Disneyland is no easy task! Our season passes are on hold until Kole turns three. :) But it looks like he had a great time. He really is the cutest little guy!

Nancy said...

Loved all the new pictures! I can't wait to take Ty Boy to Disneyland next summer! He will be tall enough to go on the toon town roller coaster by then! :) Love that little guy soooooo much!

Megan said...

Holy Smokes Lex...this post was a novel! haha! You're SO GREAT to post all these pictures, and share the whole experience. You and the hubs are such cute parents, and I just can't get over how perfect of a mix Ty is of both of you! sheesh! Looks like you guys are doing great, and havin' a lot of fun! :)

best pre workout supplement 2012 said...

What a cool pictures,so much fun with your kiddo..I love it! My kids love to visit Mickey mouse in Disneyland..

The Ashtons said...

Lex, do you care if I steal some of your Little Mermaid ride pics for a heritage makers book I'm doing of our trip in October? They turned out awesome!
I'm so excited for your new baby!