We had a really fun week babysitting. It was almost like a good break for me because I just got to hang out with them all week and not worry about going to work or anything. The first night we went to the Roadrunner's baseball game because Devan had box seats. I'm not a huge fan of the roadrunners, since I've only been to 2 games and left early both times. It was fun though. Sophie and Seth had swim lessons all week, so there are a few pictures of them having fun swimming. We hung out at the pool A LOT, and I'm definitely not complaining about it. I would lay at the pool all day every day if I could. :) While all of the parents were gone it was Aynsley's birthday, so we threw her a little birthday party. She said her favorite cake was the chocolate costco one, so I attempted to make one just like it, and I have to admit it was pretty dang good.
The 4th of July was a lot of fun. We swam at my parents for a while, then Gretch and Dave came over and barbecued with us for dinner. We went to the St. George fireworks (I didn't think they were as good as last year) and then back to Gretchen's house for TONS of fireworks with neighbor kids too.
Saturday we finally got a new car! We've been thinking about it for a while and looking around, but not very serious, and Saturday we just did it. We got a 2005 Nissan Maxima. I'm loving it and now we have a car we can really rely on for travelling and to have around for a while. Devan gets to drive the '97 accord now. :) Lucky him. That night we took all of the kids to Fiesta Fun and did miniature golf, bumper boats, and gocarts. They all loved it. I definitely don't need to go back to Fiesta Fun again. I think you all know what I mean.



10 comments:
Looks like there was lots of fun going on while the parents were gone!! Doesn't look like the kids missed them to much :) You and Devan must ROCK!
Cute pictures Lexie! I found your blog through Lacey's. Thought I'd say hi!! Looks like you are staying busy!!
Looks like you guys had a fun and eventful 4th! We wish we could have spent it back home with you guys! We can't wait for you guys to come visit! love you!
Congrats on the new car! That's exciting. Hope you are having a great summer. I don't even want to think about going back to school. It makes me want to throw up! :) WEll anyway enjoy your freedom!
I like your new car! I'm glad you guys are so good at babysitting, now we know who to call! (Too bad you live so far away!)
Wow Lex! I've never heard anyone call babysitting "a nice break!" :) Glad you had so much fun with the kids and on the 4th. The picture of you and Gretchen is so cute and that Sadie...what a doll! Congrats on the new car!
fun lex! I bet you guys were ready to be done tending when it was all said and done huh? You guys look like great babysitters :) I love gretchens baby she is adorable!
Lexie You are so adorable! Looks like you're happy and doing well. Glad to have found your blog! I can't wait to read more!
Hey you! Cute Blog!!! I love love love your new car:) It's been fun seeing you lots lately~
Hey Lexie!!! I saw you page and thought I would say hi!!! You look beautiful!!!!! and look like your having the time of your life!!! Nisha (pope)
Post a Comment